Hansel and Gretel where you can hide in the Forest
Property is 80% covered with Fir, Pine, Spruce, and Tamarack (Western Larch). Tamarack is the choice of the log home builder's as this tree has very little taper. There is enough Tamarack to build as large a home or cabin as one would want and not even know you had taken a few trees down. You will have lots of wild life with deer elk, bear, cougar, wild turkeys, Blue Grouse and hundreds of species of birds in the Tonasket ranger station. The Valley where the property is located has 7 alpine fishing lakes and over 100,000 acres of the Okanogan National Forest surrounding the valley on three sides for all the year-round recreation you can imagine. Your privacy will not be disturbed by man, only natures wild life which is abundance.
You'll have many excellent building sites to chose from subject only to the privacy and the views you want. The property has due southern exposure with 300 days of sunshine and 4 seasons to enjoy. If you are into winter sports, you will be in your own little piece of heaven as this is one of the most mystic properties around.
A little more about the properties location is always important to know. Okanogan County is the largest county in the Northwest with over 3,500,000 acres. You and your family will have over 2,500,000 acres of the Okanogan National Forest and State Forest lands to venture in for a lifetime of nature at its best. This is why the Okanogan is one of the most active real estate markets in our beautiful state.
There are many other reasons why as I have listed just a few below:
1. Weather: With 300 days of sunshine, what more could you ask for.
2. Water: Okanogan County has hundreds of lakes, (many of which are alpine fishing lakes) along with the Okanogan and Columbia Rivers, (two of the largest bodies of water west of the Mississippi).
3. Price: Where else can you buy beautiful usable acreage for less, with year-round recreation at your fingertips plus over 2,500,000 acres of the Okanogan National Forest and Washington State Forest lands to use for a lifetime.
4. Location: Okanogan County is nestled in between the Rocky Mountains to the East and North, and the Cascade Mountains to the West. With the mountains surrounding the Okanogan Highlands gives you the most magnificent mountain views one can imagine.
5. The U.S. Okanogan grows great quantities of peaches, apples, pears, grapes, and a wealth of vegetables. If you fancy yourself a wine connoisseur, you will be in some of the finest grape growing country in the Western United States and in minutes, you can be back to the mountains enjoying those peaceful moments we all strive for.
You can have the best of both worlds with the Canadian Okanagan in British Columbia. The Canadian Okanogan is the summer and winter play land for all of Canada offering you added recreation and enjoying five excellent major ski areas.
The Canadian Okanagan is minutes away where you can enjoy additional year-round recreation with our foreign neighbor. There are over 135 wineries in BC alone starting just minutes north of the Canadian border. You will also find cosmopolitan dining, downhill skiing, fishing, hiking, golfing, water sports, or just sightseeing with our neighbors to the north.
CAll Jim Platt
425-785-3523 my cell for a showing of this one of kind property
Road Frontage Desc
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.